If you’re thinking of purchasing a vacation home, Charleston is a great option. With various surrounding islands and a beautiful historic downtown, you can easily find the type of vacation home and setting of your dreams. As Charleston continues to grow, property values are increasing and more people than ever are visiting. If you’re wanting a vacation rental, this is certainly a hot spot. Let’s talk about where to look!
- Downtown Charleston. The charming Holy City with its beautiful harbor views and enchanting cobblestone streets, persuade tourists to journey to Charleston from all over the world. It’s a foodies paradise and a shopper’s dream all wrapped into one. With tons of streets to meander, you or your guests will never bore of new restaurant openings, rooftop bars, theater performances, and the constant influx of new faces.
- Isle of Palms. If you’re looking for a beautiful family beach home, look no further than Isle of Palms. With palm tree lined streets and beautifully kept homes, it’s a vacationer’s paradise. The island features shops and restaurants right off the beach, a grocery store, and a beautiful marina with family fun water activities. If you’re looking for more, Sullivan’s Island is a quick trip over a connecting bridge, Mt. Pleasant is only a 10-minute drive, and Downtown Charleston can be reached in about a 20-30 minute drive.
- Folly Beach. If you’re looking for a fun laid back beach town where you can go from the beach to drinks, look no further than Folly! Known for its fun nightlife, Folly certainly keeps its visitors entertained. Featuring shops, restaurants, bars, and a fishing pier, Folly has it all.
- Kiawah and Seabrook Islands. A 45-minute drive from Charleston, past the grand Angel Oak and you’ve hit Kiawah and Seabrook Islands. These islands are renowned for their family beach getaways. With golf courses, restaurants, a marina, biking and walking trails, there’s not much else you will need! Freshfields Village sits just between the islands and features a grocery store, wine shop, sports equipment shop, and various boutiques for island wear.
- Edisto Island. About an hour outside of Charleston, Edisto is the perfect place for a quiet beach vacation home. However, this quaint island isn’t lacking, with plenty of restaurants and activities for the whole family, it’s a great spot for those who want to relax or for those who want to get out and explore!
If you’d like to learn more or start to explore vacation homes, I’d be happy to help. Contact me and we can discuss your wish list for your perfect vacation home!
Posted on June 15, 2017 at 12:52 pm by Karla Leahy