Temps are rising slowly and Charleston will be back to warm weather before we know it! February is a nice time to get out and about before the humidity hits. Check out some of my top picks this February to get out and about in the Lowcountry:
– We’re off to see the Wizard! James Island Junior Theatre presents the Wizard of Oz running February 2nd – 11th. This event is great for the whole family! For more details and ticket information, visit their Facebook events page:
– Pup Bowl is a pet adoption and family-fun day to benefit Charleston Animal Society. Cheer on as two teams of adoptable puppies face off in the cutest football game you have ever seen! The event will also feature fund-raising for CAS, a Photo Booth provided by King & Fields Studios, bounce house, face painting, balloon animals, caricatures and more!
– The 5th Annual Charleston STEM (which stands for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) festival is February 3rd from 10 am – 3 pm in Brittlebank Park.This educational festival features 80 exhibitors featuring hands-on learning activities for children of all ages.
– View the beautiful blooms of the Camellia flower at Middleton Place, February 6th – March 17th during their Camellia Walks tour. These tours are free with the price of admission and visitors will be given a guided historical tour of these beautiful blooms.
– Head out for a Sunday-Funday on King Street February 11th for Second Sunday on King! Enjoy vendors, music, and a car-free – King Street. Check the website for more details of the day and a free parking voucher!
– The Southeastern Wildlife Exposition (SEWE) is a three-day celebration of wildlife and nature through fine art, conservation education, sporting demonstrations, food, drink and the people who honor them all. The largest event of its kind in the US, SEWE makes its home in Charleston, South Carolina and plays host to hundreds of artists and exhibitors, plus experts in wildlife and nature art – all eager to share their art and insights with more than 40,000 attendees. Running February 16th – 18th with events across Charleston. Check out their website for more details on the events:
– Wanting to celebrate Mardi Gras but couldn’t make it to New Orleans? No fear, head over to Folly Beach on February 17th for the annual Folly Gras. This event features a parade, street performers, a costume contest, and over 40 food, craft, and artist vendors.
– Join Steve Martin & Martin Short for a night of comedy at the North Charleston Coliseum on February 25th. Starting at 6:30 pm this show will feature stand up and musical numbers. Sure to be a night you won’t forget!
– February 28th – March 4th – Charleston Wine + Food Festival is running February 28th – March 4th. This festival features various events, such as a culinary village, signature dinners, beverage workshops, brunches and lunches, excursions, hands-on classes and more! For more information, visit:
For a full list of events in Charleston, head over to charlestoncvb.com.
Posted on January 31, 2018 at 8:18 pm by Karla Leahy