School’s out for summer! Exciting for the kids, but sometimes stressful on the parents. It can be a challenge to keep the kiddos occupied. Luckily, Charleston has some great summer activities and events that are family friendly and will put a smile on your kid’s faces.
- Beach Time! Living in Charleston always sounds like a vacation for people who don’t live here. However, we do get stuck in our routines and sometimes forget that we do live at the beach! Take some time this summer to appreciate the beautiful beaches around us. From Isle of Palms to Kiawah, there are miles of sand to explore. Just don’t forget your sunscreen!
- The South Carolina Aquarium is a great spot for kids to explore the depths of the ocean. With daily educational programs, the kids will have fun while continuing to learn. The Aquarium is fun for all ages and a nice reprieve from the heat for us parents!
- If you don’t feel like getting sandy, beat the heat at a water park! Charleston County Parks offer three water parks conveniently located in the areas of North Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, and James Island.
- Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry is a non-profit organization whose mission is to help educate through the power of play. The best part – Children under the age of 12 are free. It’s the perfect spot for a rainy summer day.
- Heading downtown? Pack your kids bathing suits for the Pineapple Fountain and the Splash Fountain in Waterfront park. When the warm weather hits, these fountains are full of kids ready to splash and play. Adults beware – you will get wet!
- If you want to head out of Charleston for a quick day trip, head out to Bee City in Cottageville, SC. This hands-on interactive zoo is fun for all ages. They have a reptile house where kids are able to pet reptiles (with professional supervision of course), a birdhouse, and a walking trail featuring wildlife from lemurs to camels and monkeys. If your kids are hungry after the drive, they even have an indoor snack bar.
I hope everyone enjoys their Summer! And of course, if you are looking to move to the area or want to relocate within the area, give me a call. I’d be happy to help!
Posted on June 1, 2017 at 12:42 pm by Karla Leahy